Terms and Conditions
Updated on May 24, 2018.
ACCOMMODATION PROVIDERS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Hotel Bonanza Platform
- Please read these terms (the “Terms”) carefully as they govern your use of the Hotel Bonanza website, www.hotelbonanza.com (the “Website”), and the booking system, apps, tools, platforms or other devices on which our services are made available to you (together, the “Platform”) and set out your obligations to BSGSB Ltd, the owner and operator of the Platform, (and referred to in these Terms as “us”, “we”, “our” or “Hotel Bonanza”) whose registered office is at Homefield, Butterleigh, Cullompton, Devon EX15 1PW, England and whose company registration number is 7811622 and your additional obligations to users booking accommodation through the Website (“Guests”).
- By registering as an Accommodation Provider with the Platform, you confirm your acceptance of these Terms. Where we refer to “you” in the Terms, we mean the Operator of the Accommodation registered on the Platform. The individual who completes this agreement hereby warrants and represents that he/she has full authority and permission of the Accommodation Operator to bind the Accommodation Operator to these Terms.
- We may vary the Terms from time to time and shall post such alterations on the Accommodation’s Extranet with at least a month’s notice. If you do not agree to the changes made to the Terms, then you have the right to stop using the Platform, and should do so immediately by writing to us at [email protected] Your continued use of the Platform after the date the changes have come into effect will constitute acceptance of the amended Terms.
- You may terminate this agreement at any time with 14 days written notice, but you agree that if you choose to terminate this agreement you will be obligated to comply with these Terms in full in relation to any outstanding Bookings which have been made but have not yet completed.
These Terms also make use of the following definitions:
“Accommodation” means the accommodation made available by the Accommodation Provider to Guests through the Platform.
“Booking” means a booking for Accommodation made by a user of the Website.
“Guest” has the meaning set out in clause 1.1.
- These Terms also make use of the following definitions:
- To register as an Accommodation Provider with the Platform you should follow the registration steps set out on the Website.
- The Accommodation Provider warrants that all information it provides for inclusion on the Platforms (including pictures, photos, video and descriptions), its amenities and services and the rooms available for reservation, details of the rates (including all applicable taxes, levies, surcharges and fees) and availability, cancellation and no-show policies and other policies and restrictions (the "Accommodation Information") shall be true and accurate and not misleading.
- Accommodation Information must not contain any telephone, fax or email address or social media websites (such as twitter or facebook) which have contact details for the Accommodation Provider. We reserve the right to edit or exclude any information on becoming aware that it is incorrect or incomplete or in violation of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- The Accommodation Provider shall ensure that the Accommodation Information is correct and up-to-date at all times, including additional availability of rooms. The Accommodation Provider shall update the Accommodation Information on a regular basis (or such more frequent basis as may be required).
- We will provide you with a user ID and password which allows you to access our extranet. You agree to safeguard and keep the user ID and password confidential and safely stored and not disclose it to any person other than those who need to have access to the extranet. You agree to immediately notify us of any security breach or improper use.
- Hotel Bonanza does NOT charge any commission to the Accommodation Provider in respect of any Booking made through the Platform.
Price Match Guarantee
- Excluding their own website, accommodation providers agree to at least match their lowest available price online on the Platform.
- If a better rate is found by one of our Guests for the identical booking on another website excluding the Accommodation’s own website, then the Accommodation must offer the Guest the lower price or settle the difference. The cheaper rate must be freely available online.
Bonanza Club Members
- Bonanza Club Members are part of a Closed User Group and must be signed into see any discounted rates across the platform.
- Accommodation providers agree to offer Bonanza Club Members a 5% discount on any rate displayed on the platform.
- Hotel Bonanza is entitled to give a further discount on the cost of Accommodation at its own cost to its registered Members.
- We shall provide you with the booking details and credit card details provided to us by our users. We are not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of any information provided by users.
- Hotel Bonanza is not party to any contract or arrangement entered into between Guests and the Accommodation provider, and consequently shall not be liable for payment (or non-payment) of Accommodation costs, or any liability whatsoever in relation to any damage or loss caused by Guests.
- Should the Accommodation Provider have any complaint or dispute with Guests, the only remedy shall be direct with the Guests. Hotel Bonanza does not provide any mediation services.
- The Accommodation Provider agrees that it is bound to provide the Accommodation requested in the Booking according to the rates and conditions set out at the time of the Booking. In the event that the Accommodation Provider finds itself over-booked or unable to provide the Accommodation for any other reason, it shall be the sole obligation of the Accommodation Provider to arrange alternative accommodation of the same or higher quality as close as possible to the original location, and covering all additional costs, including transfers, which may result.
- The Accommodation Provider shall not charge any further fees for providing those services specified in the Booking (such as credit card fees, surcharges or other costs which were not disclosed at the time of Booking).
Guest cancellation policy
- You must provide us with your cancellation and no show policy. We will make this available to Guests on the Website and in the Booking. You should provide us with any amended or updated version of your policy, but you will be obligated to abide by the terms of any existing policy that has been provided to Guests in earlier Bookings until such time as we have updated your cancellation policy on our Website.
- If a Guest fails to arrive and meet their Booking (a no-show) or cancels the Booking in breach of your cancellation policy, you agree to charge the Guest the cancellation fee set out in that policy.
- If a Guest makes contact with the Accommodation Provider requesting to cancel their Booking, you must inform the Guest to cancel the Booking via the Hotel Bonanza website.
- Unless expressly authorised by Hotel Bonanza, the Accommodation Provider is not permitted to cancel any Booking made through Hotel Bonanza. Provisions relating to overbookings are dealt with under clause 7.4 above.
- If the Accommodation Provider accepts credit cards as a form of payment, it is the responsibility of the Accommodation Provider to verify the validity of credit card details and to pre-authorise the credit card, if applicable.
- If a credit card is not effective or valid for any reason, this shall be at the risk and for the account of the Accommodation Provider. The Accommodation Provider must notify Hotel Bonanza who will give the Guest an opportunity to guarantee the Booking in an alternative manner. If the Guest does not comply, Hotel Bonanza may cancel the Booking upon request of the Accommodation Provider.
- If the Accommodation Provider wishes to take payment from the credit card before the check-in date, it must ensure that its advance payment conditions are clearly explained to Guests in the information made available to the Guest prior to making a booking and included in the Accommodation Information.
- Accommodation Providers should charge credit cards in the same currency as set out in the booking. If this is not possible, the Accommodation Provider may charge the credit card of the Guest in a different currency using a fair and reasonable exchange rate.
- The Accommodation Provider must comply with the requirements of the Payment Card Industry ("PCI") Data Security Standard as provided by the major credit card companies from time to time.
- The Accommodation Provider is responsible for the security of cardholder data it processes under this Agreement.
- The Accommodation Provider grants to Hotel Bonanza a non-exclusive, royalty free and worldwide right and licence to use, reproduce, have reproduced, process, distribute, sublicense, display and utilize (including without limitation to publicly perform, modify, adapt, communicate, reproduce, copy and make available to the public in any manner whatsoever) the Accommodation Information.
- We may sublicense, make available, disclose and offer the Accommodation Information on the Platform and in collaboration with the websites, applications, platforms or other devices of affiliated companies and/or third parties on the same terms and conditions as provided in these Terms.
- You understand and agree that we may ask Guests to review the services you have provided and that we may use such review for any purpose, including providing such review to prospective Guests and/or posting such review to the Website.
- You acknowledge that all present and future copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in, or used in connection with, such reviews is our property, and nothing in the Terms shall be taken to transfer any such intellectual property to you. In particular, you may not use all or any part of a review for any purpose outside of the Hotel Bonanza Platform without our written permission.
- We reserve our right, but shall not have an obligation, to monitor or edit Guest reviews. We shall be under no obligation to remove or edit any review at the request of an Accommodation Provider. You further agree that we shall have no liability in relation to the publication of any review.
- If review comments fall outside our guidelines we may choose to remove the offending comments from the review but to leave the score, or reject the entire review, and we may offer the Guest another opportunity to review.
PPC and online marketing
- You agree that we may use details of your Accommodation and, if applicable, the name of the Accommodation Provider in online and PPC (pay per click) marketing.
- We are not obligated to make available the Platform services to you and we reserve the right to remove any Accommodation Provider from our Platform at any time and for any reason, at our discretion.
- We make no warranty that the Platform will provide an uninterrupted service or be error free, or that any defects will be identified or corrected. While we take steps to prevent misuse of our systems, we cannot warrant that the Platform will be free of viruses or other malicious code and accept no liability for loss or damage caused from the transmission of such code. We recommend that you always use up-to-date firewalls and anti-malware software to protect your equipment and data.
- We make no warranty as to the Guests we may refer to you and are not liable for any loss or damage you may incur as a result of a Guest reservation, including without limitation any failure by the Guest to pay you.
- Hotel Bonanza acts as an introducing agent and is not a party to any contract made between you and the Guest. You will be responsible for all legal and regulatory requirements relevant to your contract with your Guest.
Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in the Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot lawfully be excluded or limited.
- If you are dissatisfied with the Hotel Bonanza Platform, or these Terms, your remedy shall be to discontinue your use of the Hotel Bonanza Platform.
- Other than as set out above, we shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty, misrepresentation, or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from or in any way connected with the Terms or your use of the Hotel Bonanza Platform.
- Except as expressly set out in the Terms, all conditions, warranties and obligations which may be implied or incorporated into the Terms by statute, common law, or otherwise and any liabilities arising from them are expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- We shall not be liable for any loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other economic loss.
- In the event that any relevant limitation or exclusion of liability in the Terms is not enforceable, then our liability to you shall not exceed the lesser of (i) the amount paid or payable under your contract with the Guest (if the dispute relates to a Guest matter) and (ii) £500 in aggregate, in respect of all matters concerning or arising out of your use of the Hotel Bonanza Platform.
Intellectual Property Rights
- You acknowledge that all present and future copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in, or used in connection with, the Hotel Bonanza Platform (the “Intellectual Property“), including the manner in which Hotel Bonanza is presented or appears and all information and documentation relating to it, is our property (or that of our licensors), and nothing in the Terms shall be taken to transfer any of any Intellectual Property to you.
- If any of the Terms are held to be illegal or unenforceable, such provisions shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
- The Terms constitute the entire agreement and replace any previous agreement or understanding (whether oral or written, express or implied) between us in respect of the matters contained or referred to in the Terms. Each of us agree that, in entering the Terms, we have not relied on and have no remedy in respect of, any representation, warranty or other provision (oral or written, express or implied) of any person which is not expressly set out in the Terms. The only remedy available in respect of any misrepresentation or untrue statement shall be a claim for breach of contract under the Terms. This paragraph does not operate to limit or exclude any liability arising from any fraudulent or dishonest statement, act or omission.
- We reserve the right at all times to edit, refuse to post, or to remove from the Platform any information or materials for any reason whatsoever, and to disclose any information we deem appropriate to satisfy any obligation we may have under applicable laws, regulatory requirements, legal processes, or to satisfy any request of the police, government or any regulatory body.
- You may not assign, transfer or sub-contract any of your rights under the Terms without our prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or sub-contract all or any of our rights at any time without consent.
- A person who is not a party to the Terms shall not have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any provision in the Terms.
- No waiver by either of us shall be effective unless in writing, and no waiver shall constitute a continuing waiver so as to prevent us or you from acting upon any continuing or subsequent breach or default.
- If these Terms appear in a language other than English, it is for reading purposes only, and the Terms will be valid according to the original English language version.
- The Terms shall be subject to the laws of England and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute arising from them.